2014-01-12

Alphas : review


Lisi Harrison

Firstly I want to say sorry that this post is a day late, but I had a goal of finishing four books during two days. Quite a challenge but I pulles it of :) I wanted to wait writing this until I finished them all, and now I have.
[Alphas.jpg]
So I read the Alphas quadrilogy: Alphas, Movers & Fakers, Belle of the Brawl and Top of the Food Chain. I made a "deal" with a friend that I read one of her old favourite series and she read one of mine (Divergent).

Goodreads:
At OCD the losers are tormented.

At Alpha Academy, they're sent home.

Skye Hamilton has scored an invitation to the ultra-exclusive Alphas-only boarding school where beta is spelled LBR . What happens when the country's best, brightest, and hawtest begin clawing and scratching their way to the top?

My first impression was being interested but not really too excited. It seemed like a cheesy book about a school for girls. And when I started it was exactly that, but I kept reading since there was something in it. The first book turned out to be really good, second and third not so much, and the last one was just simply fantastic. It had twists and turns in parts where you thought you knew exactly what was coming. It did not have action as I like books to have but it had a whole lot of romance. I was quite giddy at those parts :)

One thing that I noticed I didn't hate so much afterall was the change in the point of character all the time. I HaTe books where every other chapter is someone elses view but I kind of liked how it rotated in these books.
The main characters were: Charlie (whom I loved!), Skye and Allie A.
They were accepted to Alpha Academy all in their own ways and came room-mates and best friends? Not exactly at first.

After reading the last book (and having a break of sitting trying to figure out how on earth anything like that as a twist at the end could be possible!) I gave 3 stars to the quadrilogy. It was well written yet still I had moments during the second and third book where I just wanted to stop. But I couldn't. I wanted to see how some of the romance related problems turned out. Which is why I gave those stars. Overall I enjoyed these two days of reading the Alphas.

Love,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)