2013-11-30

The Infernal Devicess : review



Cassandra Clare

I am sure you have all heard of The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. City of Bones being the first of the five and already as a movie.
Set in the same world she has made a prequel/companion trilogy for The Mortal Instruments called The Infernal Devices (shocker since the title is there...)

Clockwork Angel, first book, is set in 1878 and it follows a girl named Tessa.

(from goodreads):
Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....


I finished the last book, Clockwork Princess, and I loved it. Much better than The Mortal Instruments hands down. It had adventure and romance (my favorite) and even though it had lots of characters (I doubted in the beginning how it will all pull of) but it was great. The characters, even minor ones, developed and grew along the line of the books, which I find makes a better book.
The Mortal Instruments series for me was just one of those series that are New York Times best sellers not because they would be good but because the story line is good so people who don't normally read reads them. For that series I would give a 3.5/5 stars... Because I already then had Clockwork Angel I decided to read it. Because of low expectations it really suprised me in a positive way.

Love,
Sally
.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)