2013-11-09

Hunger Games : review


Suzanne Collins


The Hunger Games trilogy was a very pleasant read. The first book was very exciting and wonderfully written and so was the second. Even though I think it would have been nice as a stand alone I was extremely happy while reading Catching Fire. The third book then again was a bit of a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it was very good, but I think the speed of the amazement (if that makes sense) went slowly downhill. It was an exciting book and all but I wasn't gripping into the story that much anymore.
I think we all are excited for the Catching Fire movie that is coming at the end of this year. The first movie was great so at least I am excited for the second one.

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)I think everyone here knows about the Hunger Games but here is a recap:
In a near future twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a reality TV show called the hunger games. In these games that are held once a year there is only one winner who afterwards get glory.
There is only one rule in these games: kill or be killed. 
Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games. This is more like a death sentence.
Can she survive all the other twenty-three battlers all trying to survive? What will happen when she leaves home, her mother, sister and best friend? Will she meet new friends at this arena of death? Everyone's thoughts are on food and shelter. Oh, and not getting killed.

                                                                                           Sally
                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)