2021-04-02

The Empress of Salt and Fortune : review

 The Empress of Salt and Fortune by Nghi Vo


SUMMARY

The Empress of Salt and Fortune is a tightly and lushly written narrative about empire, storytelling, and the anger of women.

A young royal from the far north is sent south for a political marriage. Alone and sometimes reviled, she has only her servants on her side. This evocative debut chronicles her rise to power through the eyes of her handmaiden, at once feminist high fantasy and a thrilling indictment of monarchy.



Goodreads' link to the book!
Release Date: March 24th 2020
- - -

Stars: ✦✦✦.5
So as usual, I'll tell 3.5 things I liked about the book and 1.5 things I didn't care for.


+1 | The idea and the way it is told is clever and intriguing

+1 | The writing and pace

+/- 0.5 | Though I liked the characters and how different they were, I wanted more from them

+/- 0.5 | The way it was made for the reader to make conclusions

+/- 0.5 | The condensedness made me feel like it was lacking something more that it could bring out, which is  confusing because at the same time I really enjoyed how short it was

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)