2021-05-14

What Makes Me Pick Up A Book? TAG

 

What Makes Me Pick Up A Book? TAG


Do you judge a book by its cover?

Yup, you see I often find new books by browsing Goodreads and I might read the synopsis depending on the cover and name


Focusing just on the cover, what attracts you to pick it up?

Hmm I know I don't like real people on the cover, but other than that I'm not sure! Nice typography?


Do you read the synopsis first, or prefer to go in without knowing anything about the book?

It depends, but usually I read the synopsis and add it to my TBR and when I go to read it I've often forgotten quite a bit of the synopsis


Do you have any auto-buy authors – authors whose books you will always buy, even without knowing anything about them?

Some I think? First ones that come to mind are Marissa Meyer, Ally Carter, Jennifer Lynn Barnes and Kasie West? Though I still do often read the synopsis


Are you more likely to pick up a book if it includes specific elements/themes? (e.g. LGBTQ+, mental health rep, disability rep, etc.)

Sure! Though I can't think of anything other than definitely being a sucker for fairytale retellings


Do you ever read a book that has generally negative reviews just to form your own opinion of it?

Can't think of a time I did


Do you ever buy a book just because another book blogger or BookTuber has reviewed it or talked about it a lot?

Not JUST because someone talked about it, but I am definitely influenced by hearing people talk about them


Is there anyone whose book recommendations you will generally always trust?

I've read the most suggested by Books and Lala, but it's either a big hit or a total miss

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)