2016-10-29

The Sun is Also a Star : review

Nicola Yoon

><><><
*Book kindly provided by Penguin, the publisher, in exchange for an honest review!*
28763485
This is the newest book by Nicola Yoon, the author of Everything, Everything,
and there won't be any spoilers!

Goodreads' link to the book

It'll be published November 1st 2016, so next week!

><><><
>I gave this book 4 stars
So as usual, I'll tell 4 things I liked about the book and 1 thing I didn't like.


So what did I think?


+1 | The language and writing style is absolutely gorgeous. Ms Yoon also uses lists and some abstract styles, which I just absolutely love.


+2 | The characters were so alive. My heart broke in the very beginning for Natasha even though I hardly even knew her at that point.
I also loved the contrast that was between the main characters: the poet and the analytical scientist.
Also the fact that all these nationalities bonding was portrayed really well.

+3 | The premiseThere were so many layers to the characters and the problems of loss and hurt they were going through are not subjects that are written about, especially I think in the YA genre.

+ 0.5 | Science. I always got so engrossed in the story when Natasha was so excitedly explaining a scientific problem.

+/- 0.5 | So many narratives. I liked it in the fact that all the characters brought more depth to the book, but at times I felt that there were too many people to remember.
Also I loved the fact that everything depended on everything, and that every choise isn't always the smallest.

- 0.5 | Instantness. Usually I'm thrown back if there is instant love or some type of deep feelings, whether it be positive or negative, towards someone you don't know. The thing is though, I kind of love it when the characters get to know that someone and change their opinion, so here it was kind of nice, but at the same time still threw me back with that "instantness".

><><><
Overall rounding everything up, I recommend this to those who read Everything, Everything (even if you didn't really love it), and to those who want a story of struggles that aren't too commonly written about with great characters and writing syle.

Read on lovelies,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)