2017-09-23

Crazy Book Buying Obsession

[Book Tag]


1) Do you have an obsession with buying books?
Some might say yes but I think I'm handling it quite well

2) When, where and how often do you buy your books? Do you go with anyone else or just by yourself?
I actually order most online from Adlibris, which I love! It has free shipping in Finland, it's cheap, fast and has most of what I'm looking for - including non-bookish items.
I've been going through and reducing my TBR so I usually make an order each season and maybe a couple books from the store in between

3) What kind of things attract you to books when browsing them? Is there a specific genre of books you automatically go and look at?
Well where I live there is always one section for English books, so you can pretty much see all of the genres there - hence I I mostly order them

4) Do you prefer to buy new, used or a mixture of both?
I'd like to buy used books, but I don't have a place near me where to buy some, so currently all my used books have come from library sales

5) How much are you willing to spend on books each month?
Hmm, I don't think I've ever bought more than 10 books at a time

6) Have you ever gone on any 'book-buying bans'?
Yup, like I said in Q2 I've been reducing the books I own and haven't read so there have definitely been bans

7) How long does it take you to get around to reading recently bought books?
I usually buy the books I want to read as soon as possible, but in bigger orders there are always a couple books that stay unread for some time (the "oldest" one I currently have is from last christmas)

8) Do you prefer to buy a lot of shorter, cheaper books or just a few longer, more expensive ones?
I've never thought of the length of the book, but if I think something seems a bit pricey I check it out from the library if possible and read it and then think about buying it if I really liked it

9) Anything else to say about these awesome obsessions?
Well, books are great

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)