2020-03-21

Ultimate YA books Tier List Maker


The "Ultimate YA books Tier List Maker" has been going around the internet for a while now, and as a list lover, I just want to jump on the bandwagon.

I changed the tiers around a bit for my liking, and wanted to do this in three steps:

1st round: rank them based on how you feel
2nd round: rank them based on your star ratings
3rd round: compare to the cumulative average rankings

Because the thing is, some of these books I've read ages ago - and even if I loved them then, maybe I don't think so highly of them anymore when compared to others? I guess we shall see

ROUND 1:
>> It looks more like a linear growth than the bell curve I was hoping for

 >> Starting from the bottom:
- In bad tier everything is 1-2 stars except Eleanor and Park, Every Day, All the Bright Places and Looking for Alaska are 3 stars
- In okay tier everything is from 3,5-4 stars with Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Shatter Me and The Book Thief being 3 stars and Three Dark Crowns being 2,5
- In good tier everything is again between 3,5-4
- In great tier everything is between 4-4,5
- In best tier everything is between 4,5-5

ROUND 2:
 >> Actually quite a bit of moving things around with everything staying put or shifting up or down by 1, except ACoTaR by 2


ROUND 3:
  >> Now this is different with Anna and the French Kiss, The Wrath and the Dawn, Percy Jackson moving the most
And then all the other books I haven't read, from which Cruel Prince, Darker Shade of Magic and Simon vs the Homosapien Agenda are the top rated ones



Not sure who the creator is, but here's the first one I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfmCUZVRLMA

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)