2014-06-17

Cheaper by the Dozen

Non-Fiction
By: Frank B. Gilbreth Jr., Ernestine Gilbreth Carey)

As you might have noticed, I am not that big of a fan of non-fiction. I started thinking about all the non-fiction books I have read and the list was quite a short one:
1. Anne Franks diary
2. Cheaper by the Dozen

Cheaper by the DozenAnd that's about it.

So of these two I liked Cheaper by the Dozen way more. It was probably because it was hilarious when n. 1 was not. I don'r really like non-fiction because of, me having a stereotype, them not being lighthearted. I just always, yep read two and one was, a bit depressing. But in the Cheaper by the Dozen I was laughing and laughing. I don't know why I have this distinct non-liking towards them, I am sure there are other lighthearted non-fiction books, but I just do.

So on to shortly reviewing this book:
I am sure you have all seen the movie but maybe not known there was a book before it. Now before I go further you should know these two, Frank and Ernestine, wrote it about their father, then already dead, like a memoir. The movie is only loosely based of it! So don't read it because you expect it to be the story of the movie. Read it because you are fascinated and want to know how it all went.
I ReAlLy enjoyed reading this book during a past summer. I thought the father was a great person and all those, I would say a bit weird, thoughts he had were VeRy fascinating to read about. I liked it honestly more than I thought I would and it is always nice to have a pleasant surprise.

GoodReads' summary:
What do you get when you put twelve lively kids together with a father - a famous efficiency expert - who believes families can run like factories, and a mother who is his partner in everything except discipline? You get a hilarious tale of growing up that has made generations of kids and adults alike laugh along with the Gilbreths in Cheaper by the Dozen.

So the writers as you might have noticed are two of the 12 children. They tell stories of their childhood and what kinds of things they did as a family. If you want to laugh and laugh this book will be for you.

Hugs,
Sally
Is there any non-fiction books you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)