2014-08-16

Oz : review

by: L. Frank Baum


236093The classic I chose for June was The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I had seen the movie, ages ago though it was, and I had  no recollection what happened. So I decided to read it. Yep so that's an explanation.

If you have seen the movie you know bits of the book. And that's interesting since the book is only around 150 pages. The movie cut lots of bits and bobs from the book yet they still managed to do a movie without adding too much things. So I started reading it in thoughts of it having a little amount of description. I was surprised how it actually did have a lot of describing the characters. So not a lot of imagination was needed for the characters but regarding the places they traveled to and through you needed to have active thoughts on rebuilding everything.

So what is it about?
A girl named Dorothy gets swept away, from her home in Kansas, to a place she has never been to. She gets accompanied on her quest to find a way home by the Tin Woodman, Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion and some other  fellas.

I really enjoyed reading this book and I will recommend it to those who like stories. Maybe to someone who loved Alice in Wonderland, like me. I am not sure if I will be reading on the series. I think it has 12 books in it, if I'm not mistaken, and I have a bind-up of the first three. I will be reading the other two and see if I'll continue on, but somehow I'm doubting it.

Hugs,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)