2016-11-05

Fairytale Retellings pt. 3

Top 10 Disappointing

From 2 years back I have a part one with a top 5 (link), and from a couple months ago another one of those (link), so for some variety I decided to list ones that I was disappointed with.

1. Eon
Retelling of Mulan that I actually DNF'd...I really hoped that I'd like it and tried multiple times to continue it, but it just wasn't meant to be for me.

2. Sisters Red
I have a weird relationship with this one, but for the gist of why it's on this list check out TheBookSmugglers review!

3. Faery Tales & Nightmares
I don't even remember exactly what it cointained, but I do remember NOT liking it

4. Curse Dark as Gold
As a child my favourite fairytale was Rumplestiltskin, and so when I heard of this award winning retelling I was excited. But alas, I was disappointed, but it wasn't bad per se.

5. Sleeper and the Spindle
And lastly maybe a suprise? I gave it 3 stars, so I liked it, but it was a disappointment and not memorable. The illustrations were gorgeous though!


Read on lovelies,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)