2018-02-10

Not Finishing Book Series

This post is going to be a bit of a ramble on why I don't finish book series, and maybe some hints for getting through them...


For updated lists of these check my Goodreads shelves: link
Or semi-updated blog posts: finished series  &  won't continue

> < > <

I talk about my dilemma of not finishing book series and have come to some conclusions:

a) I really like it and...
    i) don't want it to end - thus prolonging the reading of the last volume
    ii) reading the books as they are released and not remembering how the previous one went since it         has been a year again
    iii) love it so much I think to myself that there will be a "better time" to read it, when I'm craving          the world, but alas that never comes (mood reading can be a struggle)

b) I feel indifferent towards it and though I keep the series in my TBR I:
    i) forget about it read all the other books I want
    ii) *answer for a) ii applies*

c) I don't like it - won't finish it
    i) but "what if" so I might keep it in my TBR

> < > <

Answers to this problem could be:
>Waiting to read a series after all of it is published and then binge reading them all
>Rereading the previous books
>Using ReCaptains for a summary (definitely my go-to!)
>Having a goal each month/year for series to finish (you can check my yearly anticipated reads and etc. for mine)

Problems:
-mood reading
-too many books in one world
-too long of a time, not being able to read other books
-not loving them as much as I would've if I would've had some sort of anticipation

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)