2018-03-03

Women are some kind of magic by Amanda Lovelace : review

The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One
and The Princess Saves Herself in this One
by Amanda Lovelace
30075802



*ARC kindly provided for book 2 from NetGalley for an honest review!*




SUMMARY: These moving, relatable poems encourage resilience and embolden women to take control of their own stories. Enemies try to judge, oppress, and margianalize her, but the witch doesn't burn in this one.

The "second" book of the trilogy  Women Are Some Kind of Magic is being published March 6th 2018.


Goodreads' link to book 1.
Goodreads' link to book 2.

><><

34518216

So what did I think?

The Princess Saves Herself in this One
3.5 Stars
I don't tend to gravitate towards poetry, but this one made me feel. I picked it up because I saw the second one on NetGalley, and this had been given so much praise in 2016 I decided it was time.
Only the fact that I was in public kept the tears away. At the end of it though, I felt upright.


The Witch Doesn't Burn in this One
3 Stars
Like the first one it takes a while for me to "get into" poetry. You can't just fly through, but you need to ponder. And this book definitely made me think. It was packed with emotions and encouragements, and I highly encourage these to you even if you aren't a fan of poetry - yet.

> I would caution you when reading them, there are some trigger warnings.




“when someone offers to save you make it your mission to save yourself.” 


  • “your happiness
    comes before
    anyone else's
    happiness.
    -the real meaning of 'self respect'.”












Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)