2014-05-28

Top 5 Wednesday

May 28th
First Sentences

This list is in No particular order.
I found it, lets say, insightful reading other peoples Top fives last week and I came to realize how tight the booktube and book Tumblr communities are. On Tumblr I see all these posts and thoughts of other fellow book readers, and on multiple occasions it has made my day. So I just wanted to say thank you to those who do the same thing as I and to all you readers and followers of my Tumblr (True Bibliophile) and this blog. :)

1. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
The start of this book was so gripping it made me want to devour it in one sitting, but I have not had the time to continue it, yet that is.
1st Sentence: When the white noise went off, we were in the Garden, pulling weeds.

2. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
This book steps into the world before it steps into the characters and it was really well done, and it was fun to read.
1st Sentence: In these dungeons the darkness was complete, but Katsa had a map in her mind.

3. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
The prologue in this book does not make Any sense until you finish the book and read the epilogue. And the same goes for the second book.
1st Sentence: As she fell to her knees and burst into tear, he looked all around the park.

4.The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
There was no wait until all the action came bouncing in, and all those action packed and fast paced books are right for me.
1st Sentence: 10 years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared.

5.Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
This book jumped right into action, and I liked it for it.
1st Sentence: Walking to school over the snow-muffled cobbles, Karou had no sinister premonitions about the day.
Love,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)