2014-11-01

Legend : review

by: Marie Lu

The first time I saw this book it was in this really cool international book store, in a railway station, in Italy! It was one of the most amazing bokstores I had been to! But I needed to catch a trail to Rome, so I ended up buying...nothing. But I did see Legend on my way out. On the train I then went to goodreads and was extremely intrigued. I bought it then on my next trip to England I think.
I was searching to see if I could find any pictures of the bookstore... Maybe I can do a post later?

9275658So what Goodreads says about Legend:
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

This book has a very high rating of over four stars on goodreadss. So I was wanting to read it even though later on, from buying it, I was getting more and more unsure if the book was for me. So I read it and was pleasantly suprised. so was it a good thign to doubt it and then be pleasantly suprised? Or should I have picked it up immediatly and maybe thought bad of it? Well not the latter I can tell you.

So to the reviewy part. I'll keep this one short. And actually shorter than that since I have a new thing I'll be trying out. Will be coming a post in a few weeks on that as well.
So this book. It didn't wow me, but it did suprise me. Multiple times. There was always something going on and keeping my interest. I loved that about it. But the story line itself was, I don't know how to phrase this. It was slightly I don't know. It was different, which was a good thing. It had romance action, great. It was fiction but no fantasy-e. I guess the thing that it could happen didn't make the best of book for ME that is. I usually don't care about that fact but I guess that stuck to me with this? Maybe, I don't even know.
Hugs,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)