2016-05-14

The Bookshelf

Book Tag

This tag was created by Natalie and can be found here.
I moved recently and had to organize my books again, since I changed bookshelves, and decided to do this.
          Some "rules":
              The book (s) you answer with must be from your bookshelf.
              And include a picture of your bookshelf if you'd like to and if possible


Your bookshelf
1) Describe your bookshelf & where you got it from?
>My father actually built it :)

2) How do you organize it?
>I'm currently doing a separate post for this, since it has a lot of sections, so look out for that! I'll post it next week :)

3) Thickest book? (pages)
>My William Shakespeare collection (link here). 1200 pages
>For the ones I've read it would be Winter with 824 pages.

4) Thinnest book? (pages)
>How to be an Alien, 48 pages

5) Birthday gift
>Latest was the Roald Dahl box set

6) Smallest book? (Hight & Width)
>I've got lots of mass market paperbacks,
but my copy of Peter Pan suprised me when it came (it is the height of a mmp but wider, and adorable) :) link
and my copy of Lord of the Flies suprised me as well (the width of a mmp but taller) link

7) Biggest book? (Hight & Width)
>The hard cover of A Court of Thorns and Roses really suprised me! It's taller than my Barnes&Noble 
leather bound editions!
>For paperbacks it's Thorn, which is taller than most of my hardbacks!

8) From a friend?
>Latest one was probably Sapphire Blue

9) Most expensive book?
>I'd say around 20euros maybe?

10) Last book you read?
>A Mad Zombie Party & currently I'm reading An Ember in the Ashes

11) First one you read?
>Actually read by myself probably one of the Ella books by Timo Parvela, a Finnish author

12) More than one copy
>For around 10 books I have the same book in both Finnish and English, e.g. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

13) Complete series
>Well lots, but the one with the biggest amount of books in the series would be Serenity, the graphic novels (it has 10)

14) Newest addition
>Dreams of Gods and Monsters

15) Has been on your shelf FOREVER
>Elli norsutyttö, a childrens book that my Grandmother used to read to me

16) Most recently published
>Half Lost

17) Oldest book (as in the copy)
>The Advventures of Tom Sawyer, 1944, Finnish edition

18) Book you won
>Half Lost, GoodReads giveaway

19) Hate to let out of your sight (aka wouldn't let someone borrow)
>I actually don't mind lending my books, I like them to look worn and well read :)

20) Most beat up
>The Tom Sawyer book (as in question 17), it is literally together only by duct tape

21) Most pristine book
>See How They Run, it is quite new and I have yet to open it

22) Book from your childhood
>Babe by Dick King-Smith, when I was young I actually read it every summer for around 7 years in a row

23) Book that's not actually your book
>School Spirits, it's my sisters


24) Special cover (e.g. leather bound, soft, fuzzy, etc.)?
>Hans Christian Andersen, Barnes&Nobel leather bound edition

25) Favourite cover
>I really LOVE my Harry Potter editions! I chose to go with the signature editions when I bought them.
>Also I really LOVE my Hunger Games foil editions






26) Has been on your shelf the longest and you STILL haven't read?
>Well actually since I'm doing the TBR thing I've talked about (you can read about it from here)
So the answer is Forest Born, which I got last summer

27) Any signed books?
>Nope


And I had to add some
28) Any trinkets on your shelves?
>I have some pictures on them

29) Any book related trinkets somewhere else than your shelves?
>The time turner from Harry Potter and a potions glass bottle

30) Do you own any books you hated/part of a series you won't continue?
>I used to keep even the ones I hated but I've gotten rid of them recently, though I do own some first books in series which I won't continue (but in most cases I liked the book and thought it ended well and works as a stand-alone) like e.g. Boy Nobody and Every Day



Read, read, read,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)