2015-10-24

Bookish Gift Ideas


I came to realize that the year is starting to come to an end and that means christmas is coming. The weather is cooling down, which I love, and the pressure is going to start building on what to get everyone this year.
We all have someone we just have no idea what to get and though I doubt these will work for everyone, it's the thought that counts right?

These ideas are not all bookish, but a book is not always the right things to get (maybe they don't like reading or maybe they have hundreds of books and you're not sure which they would like and/or what they already own)...

1. Coloring book. Yup, they're here again. I remember loving mandalas as a kid, and coloring the 'mindfulness' books now just bring me joy.

2. A picture book of their favorite classic. I fell in love with the illustrated Harry Potter, even though I couldn't justify bying it for only that, but I think it is a perfect gift. Now Bookworms probably already have it, (and if they don't I'm sure you are very aware of that, since they keep reminding you what a hole they have in their heart whithout it), but there are other books out there with illustrated editions. I, for example, really like the Alice in Wonderland ones I've been seing on Tumblr.

3. A notebook and pen. Or sketchbook depending on the person. And you could maybe write a letter to them on the first page.
When I get asked what I want as a gift, at times I have no idea what that would be, so a notebook is usually something I might say since I really do love them. Then again I do have alot of them laying around unused- at the moment that is.

4. A mug. With a refrence to something that is, like the 'don't let the muggles get you down' is quite clever. Or maybe one with a picture from some movie? I just think that mugs and the weather go hand in hand. The colder the weather the warmer the drink- and the more frequently we crave it.

5. A poster. Goes with the text before really...

6. If you do end up getting them a book you could make the bookmark yourself, and quotes can get you far with that task.

7. 'Coffee table book'. With the subject in something that interests them like art or TV.

8. Bookends, there are some really clever ones out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)