2016-11-12

Alien Busters : review

Alien Busters: Alien Hunting, Part 1
Safa Shaqsy

><><><
*Book kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review!*
31290292
This is a novelette, part 1 (10 chapters) of the Alien Busters series by Safa Shaqsy,
and there won't be any spoilers!

The premise is quite self explanatory from the title; the main character is an alien buster with a mission to kill all alienss, but on a mission she finds an alien baby and everything changes.

Goodreads' link to the book

><><><
>I gave this book 2.5 stars
So as usual, I'll tell 2.5 things I liked about the book and 2.5 thing I didn't like.

So what did I think?32313448


+1 | The idea and premise is clever and intriguing.


+0.5 | Entertainment value. It had some good points in there.


+/-0.5 | Characters. I liked the main character and Star was so adorable! This was a short novelette so the character development was yet to be seen.
A problem I had with the main character was that she didn't really think of her actions

+/-0.5  | World and building. Overall I really liked the world, but the building of it had holes in it.


-0.5  | Explanations. There were so many things that I would've wanted more infromation on - consequently it fell flat.
I want to be immersed in a book and not wonder about unexplained things.

-1  | The writing. Unfortuantely there were mistakes that made the experience as a whole less than it could've been.
><><><

Overall rounding everything up, the book is halfway there and I think it has potential.

Read on lovelies,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)