2017-01-28

2017 challenge

TBR challenge


This was a work in progress, last updated: December 31st -17

For the past two years I've done a challenge to get my TBR list down.
I decided that I won't continue the Around the World in 52 books challenge, but for anyone interested here is The 2017 List: link

I started doing them because of two things:
1) I wanted to get a grip on my huge TBR
& 2) I wanted to expand what I was reading

This year I want to focus on that second point, and therefore made a list of my own, combinging different challenges and picking the ones I thought were fitting.

1. Finish 2 series
Enigma
Just Dreaming
2. A book from the Goodreads Choice Awards (link to 2016)
Artemis
3. A book you meant to read in 2016
To Kill a Mockingbird
4. A historical fiction
Love, Lies and Spies
5. Released as a movie
Martian
6. Award winner
An Abundance of Katherines
7. A book in Finnish
He tulevat Bagdadiin
8.  A really long book (600+ pages)
The Beauty of Darkness
9. A book by an author you haven't read before
Literally
10. A book written by at least two authors
My Lady Jane
11. A non-fiction
Girl Code
12. A book with a long title
A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie
13. A magical realism novel
Flame in the Mist ?
14. A book where one of the main characters is royalty
Take the Key and Lock Her Up
15. A book you choose randomly
I See London, I See France
16. A novel inspired by a work of classic literature
The Rumpelstiltskin Problem
17. A book published in 2017
Geekerella
18. A book with a chilling atmosphere (scary, unsettling, cold)
Bad Blood
19. A recommendation from "What Should I Read Next" (link)
Dream On
20. A collection (e.g. essays, short stories, poetry, plays)
My True Love Gave to Me
21. A biography/autobiography/memoir
Making the Monster: The Science Behind Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
22. Genre you don't read enough
Engineer's Cookbook
23. Someone else picked
Will Grayson, Will Grayson
24. Choose by Cover
This is How it Happened
25. A Standalone
PS I Like You
><><><><
I will be updating this and crossing things over when I've read them.

And tomorrow I will be posting my yearly updated TBR, that I will be updating as the year goes on like last year.
Read on lovelies,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)