2017-05-20

Purging Books


This might seem off the topic of books, but I like knowing what I own and really appreciating everything. The same goes for books.

   I like looking at my shelves and knowing that I, if not loved, really enjoyed them. So I unhaul some books every once in a while. (latest link)
Also it's awesome way to get rid of some TBR stress!

><><><


I have trouble deciding if I can part with a book - so here are some of those reasons & reasons you should get rid of it:
-Fear of being left out for not having a hyped book
   Not everyone will like a certain book, so if the fame is the only thing that drew you to it and you still haven't read it, will you ever? The hype will die down so what's your reason then?

-Certain infatuation with the books as a pleasure bringing object filling a shelf

   - not as pleasure filling your mind with a great story

-Even if you've read it, what if I need it? Review, picture, as a proud result of reading all the books one your shelves?
   I understand the feeling, but do I want a physical reference to a book I wouldn't recommend? And every time you saw it you'd think "oh that was so not my cup of tea"

-Classic that everyone just should read in their lives   This I'm struggling with because I want to widen what I read and I feel like it's a classic for a important reason and I should educate myself...

-I will actually hold on to books that are being made into movies, because I always want to read it before I see the movie and even if I don't, at times if I've really liked the movie I've gone back to the book to make my decision of getting rid of it
  In the end though if I love the story and want to revisit it I tend to always go towards one format or the other, and so getting rid of the other



Just remember:

×If you worry you'll regret the decision later know you can always repurchase it and love it even more

×Think and realize why you want to keep the book - the story or the physical appearance, the "mustness" gotten from others or the obligation as a book lover?
    ^None of these are wrong but I'd prefer to keep it because I loved the story

×Think about it: wouldn't an optimal shelf be a representation of your pride and joy in particular books - a reflection of you?

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)