2017-08-26

Summer is Over

[Book Tag]



School started this week for me, which means my reading rythm will change. Also usually I tend to gravitate towards more contemporary books in the summer season which might change now that we are moving towards fall.
So I decided to do this tag that I came across for the end of the summer season.



1-How many books did you read this summer?
Unfortunately I haven't been reading that much this summer, or well the whole year, so my total for May-August is 6+2+7+3

2-If you took a trip, did you take books along with you and what are they?
The only trips I made (longer than a day) were to the family summer house by the lake and there I read:  I See London I See France, This is How it Happened, Changes in Latitudes, Flame in the Mist & Dream On. - So lots of contemporary and a couple fantasy ones.

3-Did you read any series/trilogies over the summer?
I made it into a goal to finish as many series as I could and so I'll list the ones I finished:
All Fall Down, Naturals, Silver, Anomaly
(So what's left of those on my shelves is Snow Like Ashes and the Kiss of Deception)

4-Did you read any books set during the summertime?
Yes pleanty, like I said I like to read contemporary and romance books during the summer season and lots of those fittingly have a summery setting to them.

5-What book(s) did you want to read but didn't have time for?
The ones I mentioned for series I want to finish in Q3 and also some others:
The Idiot Brain, the Season of You & Me and I was also wishing on reading more classics.

6-Did you accomplish any book related goals?
I finished some from the yearly challenge list (link)
Also my goal of keeping my TBR small and not buying that many more - which I think I succeeded in, and even had an unhaul (link)
As for reading a classic per month - that didn't go well.

7-What was your favorite place to get comfy and read?
My bed. Haven't really been reading anywhere else lately...

8-What particular genre did you read most?
July was the only month in which I read something other than contemporary the most (it being 14% contemporary and 29% of crime and 29% of fantasy).
But overall definitely contemporary

9-What was your absolute favorite thing to read all summer?
Surprisingly I have an asnwer for this - My Lady Jane. It was one of the few 5 star reads and I was just so positively suprised by it

10-Are you happy or sad summer is coming to its end?
Bit of both. I started at a new school which I was so looking forward to, but at the same time who wouldn't miss having a vacation?


Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)