2018-04-21

The Aesthetically Pleasing TAG

This tag was created by Book Syrup, the original video here
- - -

I. Best color combo on a book cover

9627755
link to book


I’ve said it before and I'll say it again: Isla and the Happily Ever After is one of my all time favorite covers with it's colors, contrast, simplicity and details.

- - -

II. Best typography/font on a book cover

17118898
link to book

Slightly cheating, but in 1984 the fact that the text has been drawn over fits the book so perfectly

- - -

III. Best simple cover

Related image
link to book

I could go with some of the white covers that I love, but I think The Hunger Game foil edition counts as simple - since it only has one color and all...

- - -

IV. Best endpages

link to book


Fairest by Marissa Meyer has a gorgeous illustration on the inside of the sover

- - -

V. Best map

link to book

Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

- - -

VI. Best naked hardback

link to book

Niemi by Juha Hurme has such a beautiful cover,

though the dust jacket itself covers only a third of the cover anyway

- - -

VII. Best back cover

link to book

The Harry Potter signature editions have the perfect pictures to match the story in an almost water color style

- - -

VIII. Best chapter headers

link to book

What If? has illustrations that technically aren't for the chapter headings, only, but I'm counting it

- - -

IX. Best illustrations

link to book

Eliza and Her Monsters has illustrations drawn into it in a sketched style that the main character in the story draws for her stories

- - -

X. Best spine


I couldn't choose one, but this is one of my favorite section on my rainbow shelves

- - -

XI. Favorite cover on your shelves

Um, any of the above? If you want another answer check out last weeks post!

- - -
Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)