2019-02-23

Every Heart a Doorway : review

Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire

25526296SUMMARY
Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.

Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; through shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes, and emerging somewhere...else.

Nancy tumbled once, but now she's back. The things she's experienced...they change a person. The children under Miss West's care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.

But Nancy's arrival marks a change at the Home. There's a darkness around the corner, and when tragedy strikes, it's up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of the matter.
No matter the cost.


Goodreads' link to the book!
><><


Stars: ✦✦✦
So as usual, I'll tell 4.0 things I liked about the book and 1.0 thing I didn't like.

Review:

+1 | The idea and premise is brilliant and intriguing. The world is well thought out with so many things I want to know more of!


+1 | Entertainment value. With the layer of crime added in, I was at the edge of my seat enjoying everything.

+1 | The characters were layered and oh so very different from anything I've read in quite some time


+1  | The pace is well thought out making it a quick read (not just for it's shortness), and the writing fit the mood and vibe of the book perfectly.

-1  | I want more. You might think that's a good thing, which it partially is, but I wasn't exactly left completely satisfied when this book ended. I knew it was short, but I wanted to know more!

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)