2019-09-21

My Lovely Wife book review

My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing


39796904SUMMARY
"Our love story is simple. I met a gorgeous woman. We fell in love. We had kids. We moved to the suburbs. We told each other our biggest dreams, and our darkest secrets. And then we got bored.

We look like a normal couple. We're your neighbors, the parents of your kid's friend, the acquaintances you keep meaning to get dinner with.

We all have secrets to keeping a marriage alive.

Ours just happens to be getting away with murder."




Goodreads' link to the book!
><><


I wanted to read this book for many reasons; the Mr and Mrs Smith idea, the concept, and the fact the @BooksandLala loved it. And maybe it was those expectations, but as a whole the book fell flat for me, and I feel like it could've done so much more.


Stars: ✦✦✦
So as usual, I'll tell 3.0 things I liked about the book and 2.0 things I didn't like.


+1 | The idea and premise is clever and intriguing


+1 | Everything written is there for a reason, which I appreciated. It comes full circle at the end if that makes sense

+1 | The ending. Not the "who-dunnit" aspect, but the actual last pages ending

-1 | It wasn't surprising or shocking, which is something I look for in mysteries. I want to be kept wondering

-1 | I felt like the pace was one and the same throughout the book. It didn't move along with the story


Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)