2021-03-19

The ‘To-Be-Read’ Book TAG

 

The ‘To-Be-Read’ Book Tag


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

I use Goodreads (link) and an excel spreadsheet for keeping everything up to date. I also have a yearly blog post about my TBR which I update: link

Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?

Well, my Goodreads To Read shelf includes all the books I want to read so also books I don't own are included. Then I have separate TBR shelves for ones I own depending on the format.

For books in general on my "Want to Read" shelf there are 25 (+15 classics/Christie books). Currently of those I have 7 audiobooks I want to read (which I don't own but classify here), 8 e-books (to read that I own) and 1 physical book.

This is completely different to how it used to be, but I don't like owning books I didn't love so I tend to read them either in another format or from the library before choosing to buy a physical copy

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

I usually now which genre I'm in the mood for and scroll through my Goodreads TBR and just choose one. I also tend to already choose my next read whilst reading something else

A book that has been on your TBR list the longest?

It was Sorcery and Cecilia, but I recently DNF'd it, so now I think it is Soul of Stars?

A book you recently added to your TBR pile?

My most recent (and only) physical book I have and haven't read yet is Iceman

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?

I don't think I've ever done this purely on the cover! Sure scrolling through Goodreads I see beautiful books, but then I read the synopsis and based on that it might be added to my "Want to read"

A book on your TBR that you never plan on actually reading?

I don't have an answer to this, since I actually want to read everything on my TBR! Though this does remind me that I do own two other physical books I haven't completely read, but they are in another category (Grimm's complete fairytales and Aeosop's fables)

An unpublished book on your TBR that you are excited for?

Gilded, the new book by Marissa Meyer

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you?

Hmm I'm really not sure on this one. The book on my "Want to Read" shelf with most ratings on Goodreads is Fablehaven #3 so that I suppose?

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?

Taking us back to the previous question, the Fablehaven series is only on my list because it was recommended to me

A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read?

My next read is Shadows Between Us though I really want to get to Sky Beyond a Storm, but I'm waiting for the right mood to finish that last book

The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

I already mentioned this, but my "Want to Read" shelf has 25 books, "Classics/Christie-to-read" has 15

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)