2014-12-14

The One : review

by: Kiera Cass
20572939

I finally finished The One. I was enjoying it but it wasn’t ToO amazing. I wanted to know who America chooses though so I read the last book as well.
Also i just found out that she's continuing the series with a fourth and maybe fifth book!

If you don’t know what it’s about here is what GoodReads says:
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

It’s a perfect story if you like the Bachelor and things like that. What I found annoying though was the main character! America was irritating me by choosing both and then other and then the other! I loved the other one and argh it frustrated me! Was it only me? She could have done things much faster and had everything over with.

I liked the other competitors, I liked hating some that is. And I think she executed well with the plot and got everything to fit nicely.

This book really tied things up and made me like the series all much more. The character building was getting there and towards the end I was gasping while reading.
Hugs,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)