2019-01-26

Little White Lies : review

Little White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


SUMMARY
Sawyer Taft didn't expect her estranged grandmother to show up at her apartment door and offer her a contract to participate in debutante season. When she realizes that immersing herself in her grandmother's "society" might mean discovering the answer to her father's identity and braces herself for a year of makeovers, big dresses, bigger egos, scandalous secrets, and a whole lot of bless you heart.
36321744

Goodreads' link to the book!
><><

When I heard Jennifer Lynn Barnes was releasing a new book I immediately added it to my to read, without even reading the synopsis - just the title. I loved The Naturals series (ignoring the first book) and was hesitant to anticipate it too much, but gladly started the book. But onto the review.


Stars: ✦✦✦
So as usual, I'll tell 4.0 things I liked about the book and 1.0 thing I didn't like.

So what did I think?

+1 | The characters were well done, with every layer of them thought out and new revelations always there.

+1 | Similar to the previous point, the friendships and all relationships were artfully woven together.

+1 | Simply put, the writing. The dual timeline worked well, unlike lots I've previously read of.

+1  | Probably my main point: anticipation, surprises and as a reader not knowing what would happen - or assuming wrong.

- 1  | The book felt slightly dragged - but the audiobook took care of that (also making it quite interesting with the strong Southern accents).


Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)