2021-04-30

Across the Green Grass Fields : review

 Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire



SUMMARY
Wayward Children #6
With every other book being a kind of continuation to a previous book, this book is another fresh start book, though I still recommend you read the others!

A young girl discovers a portal to a land filled with centaurs and unicorns in Seanan McGuire's Across the Green Grass Fields, a standalone tale in the Hugo and Nebula Award-wining Wayward Children series.



Goodreads' link to the book!
Release Date: January 12th 2021
- - -

Stars: ✦✦✦.5
So as usual, I'll tell 3.5 things I liked about the book and 1.5 thing I didn't care for.

I reviewed the very first book two years ago (link) and have since read the following 5 books which are currently out.

Book #1: Every Heart a Doorway - 4
          #2: Beneath the Sugar Sky - 3
          #3: In an Absent Dream - 3.5
          #4: Down Among the Sticks and Bones - 4.5
          #5: Come Tumbling Down - 4
          #6: Across the Green Grass Fields - 3.5


+1 | The idea and premise of the world. Finding doors to mysterious (sometimes whimsical, sometimes just brutal) lands? Yes please

+1 | Entertainment value. Not my favorite in the series, but still plenty entertaining

+1 | The writing from pace to style, I enjoy it

+/-0.5  | The characters. I don't know why, maybe because it only had new characters, but it just wasn't the same

-1  | This one felt just short, even though it didn't leave me wanting to know more which has been something I've commented about a previous one.

- - -

NOTE:
You can choose to either read the whole series in order or other options for how to read the Wayward series:

#1 is a great starting point about Nancy and the Home for Wayward children, though some others can also work like that

#2 & #5 tell Jack and Jill's story, though I'd recommend reading #1 before them (even though it technically won't go chronologically this way)

#3 tells Rini's story, and acts like a sequel to #1 though can be read on it's own

#4 tells Lundy's story and is sort of like a prequel, so again I'd recommend reading #1

#6 tells Regan's story and can be read on it's own

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)