2018-01-13

Batman by Marie Lu : review

Batman by Marie Lu

29749090



"Before he was Batman, he was Bruce Wayne. A reckless boy willing to break the rules for a girl who may be his worst enemy"


     >This is the second book in the DC icons series, in which 4 YA authors wrote 4 stand-a-lone books on superheroes.


Goodreads' link to the book!



><><


Stars: ✦✦
So as usual, I'll tell 4 things I liked about the book and 1 thing I didn't.

What did I think?

+1 | The idea and premise is clever and intriguing. It's a completely new re-imagining of the Batman story, but where Bruce Wayne has yet to become Batman.

+1 | Even though it's a new story, Marie Lu managed to keep the world and atmosphere from the beginning of this iconic character.
I also really enjoyed reading about all the gadgets and technology that she immersed this book with.

+1 | Along the lines of being new, Marie Lu also brought in a completely new villain whom I loved! She brought in a certain creepiness resulting in me being incapable of stopping reading.

-1 | The other characters, like Bruce himself who was distinctly devoted to helping others, were engaging - but since the book was less than 300 pages I was left feeling like they needed more fleshing out.

+1 | One necessity in every book that I read, and that I believe that Marie Lu excels in, is the pace. Whether it's done by suspense, story arc or action, Marie Lu can do it like she has once again shown us. 



Overall such an entertaining read with Marie Lu's gripping writing and fast plot,
I can definitely say I'm eager for more.

Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)