2018-01-20

Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo : review

Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo

29749085


"Daughter of immortals. Daughter of death.
[I]f they have any hope of saving both their worlds, they will have to stand side by side against the tide of war."

     >this is the first book in the DC icons series, in which 4 YA authors wrote 4 stand-a-lone books on superheroes.


Goodreads' link to the book!


><><


Stars: ✦✦.75
So as usual, I'll tell 3.75 things I liked about the book and 1.25 things I didn't like.

What did I think?

+1 | The idea and premise is intriguing: It's a new re-imagining of Wonder Woman.

+1  | Simply put: the writing.

+0.75/-0.25  | World and it's building throughout the book was engaging, and I liked how they brought in our world, but things needed more explaining.

+/-0.5 | Entertainment value was great but the pace wasn't consistent.


+/-0.5 | The characters were great and I loved the friendships, but the romance wasn't necessary with the main character.



Read on lovelies,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm better reached via Instagram or email:
@booksonal
booksonal@gmail.com

Thanks for reading :)